CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Why I love them...

Jonah - He's such a smart kid. When he puts his mind to it, he can learn anything quickly. He's a wiz in math. When you ask him to do something, he won't usually give you crap about it. He'll just get up and do it. He's a loving kid. Though he doesn't usually show it, especially to his brothers & sister, I know he truly appreciates what Mr. Goose Poop and I do for him. Often times, after he's gone to bed, he'll make an excuse to come downstairs. After we've shot that excuse down, he'll say to us how much he loves us, and how much he appreciates us. I know he's 9, he's at that age where he's starting to get embarrassed about showing his emotions. I think that's why he waits 'til every one's in bed to tell us how he really feels. It melts my heart. He's growing so fast, right before my very eyes. I looked at him the other day, and thought whoa, where'd this big kid come from. He's starting the 5th grade in a few short weeks. **sniff*sniff**

McKenzie - She's about as beautiful as they come. Some days I look at her, and am amazed at just how lovely she really is. She's compassionate, loving, and kind. She's always willing to help a "little" (that's what we call the younger ones in our house). She loves to help Tyler especially. She's going to make a wonderful mother some day, I can already see it. Many times, I'll walk into the kitchen, and she's in there rocking out cleaning. Then tells me she's doing it so I won't have to. She's growing into such a great girl. She has a heart the size of her head. If she knows some one's in need, she always asks if we can help them. She secretly keeps all her loved ones in her prayers at night.

Jacob - He's such a comedian. He loves to play jokes on his brothers, and learn magic tricks. He's becoming a great reader, and has made strides since he started the 2nd grade. He'll also, like Jonah, do what ever you ask of him without much crap. He's often soft spoken, but loves to laugh. He's starting to get a taste of being a "big kid" around here, and you can just see the pride he has because of it. He loves basketball, and can't wait to play his first year of Football this fall. I can't wait either. I hate sports, but secretly can't wait to be a "soccer mom". He's definitely all boy. All about the bugs and anything with balls.

Dylan - He's about the cutest boy ever. I'm partial, though!! He's growing into such a great kid. He's compassionate and loveable. Often times when he knows he's done something wrong, or has hurt some one's feelings, he'll cry and tell us how sorry he is, and how bad he feels. I can really see how he tries to prove to Mr. Goose Poop and I, how big he's getting. He's a very emotional boy. He loves to play with his older brothers, and tries very hard to tag along with them. He truly looks up to Jacob and Jonah.

Carter - I've never met a more loveable, hugable kid than Carter. Whether he knows you or not, he's the first one to jump up on your lap and give you a hug and a kiss. He'd much rather sit and cuddle than do anything else. He tells you he loves you a million and one times a day. I'm so proud of the progress he's made. If you ask him a question, and he doesn't know the answer, it's as if you can literally see the wheels turning in his head. He tries so hard lately, and for that, I'm so very proud of him. He's a wonderful independent player. You can give him a toy car and an action figure and he'll play by himself for hours, literally. He's grown so much the past year. He works very hard, and tries even harder. And it doesn't hurt that he's as cute as a button!!

Christian - He's the best sharer of them all. He is always always trying to help someone. He's the kid that will literally give you his last piece of candy. He always wants to help, be it his siblings or his parents. He's the one I can count on to always be willing to help. It's hard to believe he's 5 already. Where does the time go? I have a feeling he will be our easiest teenager. Is there such a thing? And did I just jinx us?? I believe he'll be the one that things will come naturally too. In just a few short weeks, he'll be in school all day every day for the very first time. Here's another **sniff*sniff**

Tyler - He's such a brute!! No joke! And he's about as funny as they come. The facial expressions and actions that he does kills me every time. He looks up to Mr. Goose Poop so very much. He loves "working" with dad. He's always trying to get into his boots, and wear his hardhat around the house. Telling us he's going to daddy's work! Too funny. He tries like the dickin's to be one of the big kids. And it breaks his heart when we won't let him. He's a huge ball of energy. Doesn't stop running around until bed time, and sometimes after! He loves to act. And when you're looking at him, he tries his hardest to ignore you and go on about his business. It's adorable.


My son, do not forget my teachings, but keep My commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
~Proverbs 3:1-2

1 comments:

Hollianne

Rachel this made me tear up! I miss those kids, I feel like it's been forever since I've seen them! Love all you guys so much!

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!