CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday three one?!?









1. Screw



I say screw the Thursday Three, and lets talk about what's been going on for the past few weeks!!

(This is in no particular order. Adding pictures to posts using Blogger is a pain in my ass, so I loaded them, and what ever order they showed up in is the order I'll explain them in!!)


A few weeks before school gets out our 3rd grade teacher has a tradition of taking the class to the local One Room School House for the day. Jacob was the second on of our kids to take the trip. All the kids have to dress as they would in the early 1800's. And a lunch has to be packed just as it would have been back then too. Meaning, if it wasn't made then, the kids can't have it in there lunch. All things had to be wrapped in either cloth or wax paper. They did have bottled Root Beer way back when, so they were able to pack a bottle of that. Other than that, we packed a cheese sammie, peanuts, pickles, strawberries, beef jerky, and homemade cookies. And they didn't have lunch boxes or paper lunch sacks, so it had to be packed in a basket. The kids had a typical school day as it would have been in the 1800's. Complete with bobbing for apples, a dunce chair, and learning to write your ABC's with a quill pen ink. Jake was adorable, and had so much fun!






Memorial Weekend Mr. Goose Poop and I headed up to the cottage with Best Friend, Mr. Best Friend, and Best Friend's sister. It was cold, rainy, nasty, icky weather. But we made the best of it!

Best Friend and I at the fire.


Mr. Goose Poop and Mr. Best Friend had to put the dock in. It was freezing cold, so they suited up for the cold water.



Trying to figure out what post goes where!!

The icky, nasty, scary creature Mr. Goose Poop found in the water while putting in the dock that he tried to scare me with show me. It's some dog-something-or-another I think he said. What ever it is, it's gross, and I'm never getting in that lake again for as long as I live!!

Mr. Best Friend can't sit still longer than 4 seconds at a time. Here he is playing with the empty carpet roll tube in the fire. He was thoroughly enjoying himself!




McKenzie wanted to go get her hair cut at a "salon", cuz mom cutting your hair just isn't cool enough I guess. She was in the middle of a report for school, so I told her if she got a B or better on the paper, I'd take her to get her hair cut. She got a B...we were literally at the "salon" that night!!




Cute, eh?



I spent the 2 weeks prior to Summer Vacation sewing 18 pairs of jammie pants for the kids! Yea, Suzie Homemaker, I know!!




Last week Friday, our second to youngest "graduated" Kindergarten. Can't believe he'll be in 1st grade next year. Blows my mind!


As you can see, we dressed him all fancy and stuff, in his camo croc's and all!!


His great big "graduating" class of 8!! Haa haa...


Receiving his "diploma" from our Pastor and his teacher.



Christian and his teacher



Last weekend us two Girl Scout Leaders took our troop horseback riding. It was 127 degrees hotter than billie-blue-blazes outside that day, and we were all purely melting into sweaty little blobs. But we had a blast, and I'd love to go back!




Mr. Goose Poop and I decided that it was time for the shed to get the boot, and for us to build a real garage. Ya know, with a real door and all.

Good bye old shed, I never loved you, and you won't be missed at all. But after the old shed has been demolished, and before the new garage has been built, all of our outdoor crap needs to go some where. What better place than strewn all over my back yard? White trash much??




The day before the last day of school was blistering hot. I was sitting here thinking to myself my kids must be melting, I bet they'd love to eat a popsicle right about now. Then I figured, I bet ALL the kids at school would love to eat a popsicle right about now. So Tyler, Christian, and I grabbed my new personalized soft sided cooler, headed to the store, bought 90 popsicles, and delivered them to the whole school. Cuz we're cool like that!!

On that same day McKenzie's class had a little end of the year shin-dig. She told me two nights before that she volunteered me to make enough cake for the class. I was busy the first night and couldn't make a cake, so I was baking cake at 11:30 at night the night before she needed it! This is what 2 cakes look like when make 12 hours before needed!! Hey, they're 4th graders....they don't care what it looks like, as long as it's there, right??

The last day of school is always a half day, with an awards ceremony the last hour of school. A whole bunch of us mom's always go to someone's house for one last coffee chat. While there I always decorate the van for the kids to see when I go pick them up for the last time of the school year. This is what this year's decorations looked like!


It was, again, blistering hot yesterday, so staying true to what the van says...we quick came home after school, changed into bathing suits, packed up some snacks, drinks, towels, and beach toys and headed out for a day at the beach!


I brought some cherries to the beach for a snack. Then proceeded to let the kids spit their pits in the sand. I'm sure the people next to us thought I was nucking futs...but what-ev. The kids thought it was fun!


And now it's truly summer vacation. So happy that I'm done having to drive the kids to school and pick them up every day! I don't care if they wake up at 6:30 every day the whole summer, as long as I don't have to go anywhere before 9:00 am, I'm good with it.

Here's to lazy, sun filled, dog days of summer. Make it a good one...



"For great is Your love toward me: You have delivered me from the depths of the grave." ~~Psalm 86:13~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!