CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A little bit of this...A little bit of that

Another smorgus board of a post!! So much has been going on here, that I just can't keep up lately!

Here's some pictures of last week's "Blizzard of 2011!!" I wouldn't quite call it a blizzard, but there was a ding dang lot of snow here. School was closed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Come Friday morning Mr. Goose Poop and I wanted to run far far away!!
Here's Dylan on top of a snow mountain in front of our house after Mr. Goose Poop cleared up the driveway!

Jonah digging out Mr. Goose Poop's car!! Poor kid got the raw end of the stick!!


The snow was so deep in the street cars were unable to get up the little hill, and Mr. Goose Poop's car wasn't moving! So he started to snow blow the street!!!

Mr. Goose Poop cleaning off the van. It doesn't look very deep in this picture, but the van was parked in between 2 houses and didn't get much snow on it.

Have I posted pictures of the snow hill Mr. Goose Poop built in the back yard yet? I think I did...but this is it after the snow storm. It looks level to the neighbor's driveway, I know. But actually the neighbor's drive is about 2 feet taller than ours. And as you can see, the snow hill is about 2 feet above their drive. So the snow hill is now a 3 lane 4 foot high hill in the back yard!! The kids have a blast on it! Here's Jonah, McKenzie and Jacob ready to take a ride!

Jonah and McKenzie snow-boarding down the snow hill!
Carter's turn!
The weekend before the storm we had Mr. Goose Poop's 2 sister's, their husband's, and their kid's over for the night. There were 15 kids and 7 adults in my house!! It was a tight squeeze here. My house is built for about 3 people, we already squeeze 9 into it on a daily basis, but 22 was pushing the limit! This is what my kitchen looked like after they left!
Look...no clean silverware!! Only some knife's and a couple of those weird pumpkin carving knife's.
A small price to pay when spending time with my 2 sisters!
Here's our traditional "sister's photo." Why 'O' Why can't we ever just get a normal friggin' shot of the 3 of us?!? This is the 6th one taken after my niece finally declared she's done taking pictures of us!!

As a reminder...here's the one of us girls at Thanksgiving! This is about the 12th shot taken of us. And I still look like some sort of doofus! I look like I'm doing some stupid weird lean!


Over this past weekend we took my Girl Scout Troop dog sledding! I know, cool, right? What a great opportunity for the girls! It's not every day you get the chance to go dog sledding. They had an absolute riot! And even though meeting up at 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday wasn't the best idea we ever came up with, Sonya, Patty (the other leaders), and I had a great time.
Here's McKenzie learning to steer a dog sled.
Playing with Whiskey...one of the dogs that would be taking us for a ride.

McKenzie gearing herself up (or calming herself down) before sledding. She was actually a little worried that she was going to fall out!
Here's Sonya and I. She dubbed us the "Fearless Leaders!"
All ready to go for a ride!

Off we go!

We all made it back in one piece! And it was so fun!!


There's the past few weeks at a glance. Our family is going through some hard times right now, and prayers are welcome. Details to come at a later date. Superbowl is (F.I.N.A.L.L.Y) done in a few, and I'm excited to get my husband back. Even if it is for only 7 months. I'll take what I can get!!

1 comments:

Tracy

I've been praying...you guys will be all be just fine...I know it!!...can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!...give all the kids lots of hugs and kisses from Aunt Tracy!!!

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!