CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today is my Anniversary!!

And what a big anniversary it is! It's not just any anniversary...it's my 10 year anniversary...
...of being a mom!!

As of today, I've officially been a mom for 10 whole years. It's really hard to believe...

I like to think of myself as a sentimental person. I tear up at the lost kitten on a commercial, I can't bear to see my husband cry, if I know I hurt some one's feelings I can't sleep at night. But when it comes to trying to write my feelings down about one of my loved ones, I seem to choke up. I have all these emotions floating around in my head, but spitting them out becomes a problem. I'd rather just sit here and think about them over a good cry, than trying to put them into understandable words.

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I met my sweet daughter. I absolutely remember everything about her tiny precious little face the day she was born.

I hated being pregnant. Hated it. As in, said I'd never do it again hated it. I gained almost 90 pounds and my nose exploded half way across my face. Morning sickness? No, I didn't have that...I had "all day sickness"! I think I threw up in every parking lot in Grand Rapids! I saw all my food twice...once on the way in my mouth, and once on the way outta my mouth!! I haven't the slightest clue how I gained so much weight since I couldn't keep anything down. Heartburn? Oh jeez, did I ever. I had never had heartburn before. Didn't even know what it was. Sure found out what it was real quick like! I'd blow thru a bottle of Tums and a gallon of milk in 2 days. Oh pregnancy....how I hated the! How I said I'd never do it again!

Lets not even get started on labor. I pushed, and pushed, and pushed! Thought I'd be pushing the rest of my life! Hours I was pushing. Hours I say!

Then I saw her....my beautiful baby girl. Big brown eyes and a head full of brown hair. And pregnancy? Hell yea I'd do it again! Labor? Piece of cake!! (OK, maybe not, but it was all worth it anyway)

I can't believe she's 10 already. I mean 10!! She's a decade old already!

What a wonderful girl she is becoming. She's sweet, kind, and thoughtful. She's smart, thankful, and loving. She's been through some tough times in her short 10 years. But I can now see how they have molded her into the young girl she is.

She's taught me alot of lessons along the way. She's got a heart of gold. She's such a great helper and teacher to her siblings.

I don't know if I'm excited or scared for the teenage years that our coming our way, but I better start preparing myself now because they are right around the corner!!

Happy Birthday to my fun loving, heart of gold, double ear pierced, double digit daughter. Life just wouldn't be the same without you in it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!