CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Does anyone else's kitchen floor look like this after grocery shopping?!?


That's not including the 2 gallons of milk, 5 dozen eggs, and 3 loafs of bread that I had already taken care of!! Oh yea, and of course all my Diet Pepsi isn't in the picture either! That'd be a whole 'nother picture in itself! =D
Isn't that out of control??? And those bags, let me tell ya, are bursting at the seams! You couldn't fit another grain of rice in most of those bags! And please don't yell at me about the plastic bags! I hardly ever use plastic bags. I've got about a million and one re-usable bags, but we use plastic bags around here for garbage liners, and we were running low. So I didn't use my re-usable ones today, so that I could restock our plastic bag supply. It seriously took me at least an hour to take care of all of it!! Usually the first question people ask me when they find out I have 7 kids is "Oh my gosh, how much do you spend at the grocery store?" Let me tell you, it's not as much as you'd expect, because I shop sales and such, but it's still more than I care to think about! This is a week and a half's worth of groceries. And...and...I won't be feeding the kids on Friday night or at all on Saturday and Sunday, since they won't be here! So this is more like about 8 days of groceries!! Plus next Monday I'll have to make a quick run for milk, bread, and more fresh fruit!
But, I'd like you to notice one thing that's missing....can you tell what it is?? Give up? It's probably what we use more than anything in this house! Can't guess? I'll tell you! There is no laundry soap in this picture!! And that's because I make our own. It saves us an unimaginable amount of money. I'd say about $50 a month at the very least. I'd love to share my recipe, and I will. But it'll have to be tomorrow. The Duggars come on in 7 minutes, and I can't miss the Duggars! We big families have to stick together. So tomorrow my goal will be to post my recipe for home made laundry soap. Off to watch the Duggars!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!