CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pour your heart out....

It's been a long time since I've hooked up with Shell over at Things I Can't Say for a Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday. But at least for the next couple days I'm on the ball. Be sure to check her out, and stop by some of the ladies (and dudes) linked up under her post today.


OK, so it's a new year. I get it. And with a new year people tend to make all these new year resolutions.
Honestly....I hate "new year resolutions." I don't think I've ever made them, and probably never will.

I have two reasons....1) All they do is make you feel bad. I mean, think about it...most people make a resolution, and come February 1st (28th if you're lucky) you've already broken it. You ate one too many cookies to consider yourself still on a diet...You've already covered the desk with junk mail you swore you'd keep clean...There are 14 piles of laundry in the basement that you promised you'd keep up on...The hallway closet you deep cleaned/organized/killed the spiders in on January 1st is now full of lonely gloves missing a mate, the Christmas wrapping paper you forgot to put away with the rest of the Christmas junk and now are too lazy to dig under the stairs to put it away properly, a new Christmas puzzle the kids got but already lost a piece too that you should just throw away but keep thinking it'll show up never soon, and the vacuum attachments that always fall off the back of the damn vacuum that are pointless putting back on since they'll just fall off as soon as you sneeze again anyway.

And 2) I hate when, in June, people say "My new year's resolution is going to be (fill in the blank here)!!!" Really....it's June dude, if it was that important to you, you'd start/stop now. It's just your excuse to continue smoking for another 6 months, eat bon-bons for another 6 months, or you just plain don't want to clean that stupid hallway closet just yet. So, I know....let's make it be our new year resolution so I don't have to do it for another 6 months! Yea, that's it!

Nope, I don't DO resolutions! If I want to stop smoking I'll do it, I don't care if it's January 1st or July 1st. If I want to loose 20 pounds in March, I'm not going to tell myself that starting next January 1st I'm really really going to try to loose some weight. I'm just going to do it already. In March if I feel so inclined. If I open the pantry door and shit starts falling out at me, I'll clean the friggin' thing out already. Not wait 3 more months, until January 1st, where I'll clean the whole thing out and promise it won't ever get like that until February again.

I boycott January 1st. I'm writing the mayor, or the president, or the damn congress if I have too, until someone will wipe January 1st off the calendar. I mean, February only has 28 days (except for a Leap Year, yes I know but that's not the point here), why can't January start on the 2nd?



Remember I'm linking up with Shell today. Pouring my heart out. Go check out the awesome ladies that follow her. She's only, like, one of the coolest bloggers in the blogging world, which means she's got, like, some of the coolest followers ever.

http://www.thingsicantsay.com/

3 comments:

Shell

This is so true- it's annoying when people put things off, saying they'll start in the new year. When really, we can decide to make changes at any point during the year. I do make resolutions, but I also set goals at different points during the year.

Missy

I say the same thing about lent!

Unknown

I don't do New Year's Resolutions for the same reason. If I have that "a-ha" moment where something clicks in July, why should I wait six months to do it.

Plus, I think people make resolutions because they think they have to do it. And that is just setting themselves up to fail.

Nice Post

(visiting via PYHO)

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!