CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Last week of my "twenties"

I'm sad...it's almost my birthday. This isn't normal for me. Usually I can't wait for my birthday. I start counting down the days around July 1st. Not this year. No, not this year...

This year...dum da-da dum...I turn the dreaded 30! Yup, that's right. I'll be 30 years old in 5 more days. I never thought I'd be one of "those" girls! You know the ones. They are "29" for the rest of their lives. Or they are "twenty-10" or "twenty-11". Nope, wasn't going to be me. But now, oh now that it's me turning 30, I'm seriously considering it. Seriously.

My best friend is 9 days older than me. Which means she's already 30. She thought it'd be worse then it was, but says it's not a big deal. Really??? Not a big deal?? Trace, you're a better person than me! Because I think it's A BIG DEAL. Plus, you've only been 30 for 4 days! I don't want to be 30. I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna!! Do I need to say it again?! I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna. I don't want to be 30. I want to stay in my 20's forever. And ever. And ever.

Everyone over the age of 30 tells me they love being over 30. They say once they hit 30, their whole lives changed for the better. I mean everyone has told me this. Not one person I know has told me over the age of 30 sucked. Really people?? Are you really being serious? Or are you trying to lessen my blow?? Be honest with me, I can take it. I think.

I'm one of those people who tells my hubster, almost weekly, how much I wish I could go back to high school. I'd literally give my right arm to be back in high school again. Not cuz I'd want to go back and change things. I mean, it'd be nice. But even if I knew my whole life would still play out the exact same way, I'd still want to go. I loved high school. Loved it. I want to stay there forever. Honestly. Mr. Goose Poop tells me I'm crazy. He'd give you his right arm to not have to go back to high school again! Not me. I dream about it frequently. Vividly.

So 30's are better, huh? Well, could they be worse than my 20's? Lets think about this. My 20's were some hard hard years. Married, 4 kids, divorced, single mom-ing it, broke. But they were some wonderful years too. I made some awesome friends, and we made even more memories. I "re-met" my husband, and got re-married in my 20's. I grew as a mother. I became closer to God.

Now that I think of it, I don't so much want to re-live my 20's again. Looking back, sometimes I don't know how I even made it through. Grace of God, my parents, and my family and friends I guess. But even thinking of some of those times in my 20's gives me a big 'ol stomach ache. I'm positive I couldn't live through that again.

In my 30's I won't have to change as many diapers, right? By the time I'm 31 diapers should be a thing of the past. I won't have to go thru the first year of marriage again. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love being married to Mr. Goose Poop. Love, love, love it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But we all know the first year is the toughest. I feel like in my 20's I found who I am, and now in my 30's I can create who I found. Isn't there some sort of sophistication that comes along with being 30? 30 year olds are much smarter than 29 year olds, aren't they? I'm really just that much closer to getting my senior discount. Oh boy, back up the bus Gus...guess I shouldn't get carried away. Lets not go talking about the senior discount already. I'm not quite convinced I'm ready for this 30 stuff.

But I guess it doesn't sound so bad after all. I think I might give the 30-something a try. Just give me 5 more days to think it over, will ya?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!