CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Does your husband love you this much too?!?


Mine does!! Isn't he sweet?

I've been in a funk the past few days. Just haven't been myself. Last night McKenzie had a basketball game in Grand Haven, so after school all the kids and I headed east. Mr. Goose Poop got out of work before we got home, so he went to the flower store and this is what I got when we got home last night. Actually, they were wrapped up all pretty. In pink tissue paper, with cute ribbon tied around it. Don't you hate it when the "real" flower shops do that? I mean, they make them look so cute all wrapped up that you almost feel bad unwrapping them to put them in a vase! I think Mr. Goose Poop took the hint seeing the empty vase filled with water sitting on the counter for the past 4 days!! When in reality, the vase was a vase I used for Tracy's wedding, brought home and have been too lazy to take care of yet!! Let's just not tell him that though! But, I may remember this in the future! Empty vase filled with water sitting on the counter for 4 days equals flowers the next day! I'm going to try my theory out in the next few months. I'll report back!

And speaking of Tracy's wedding....well, a few sentences ago anyway....it's all done and over with and she looked spectacular! Better than spectacular, she looked amazing. And so did the flowers! Just kidding! It wasn't about the flowers...ok, maybe it was just a teeny tiny bit. For me anyway. And the centerpieces. And the picture book favors. And the parent's gifts. And the table name cards. And...well, ok, I did alot. But I had more fun than you think, just don't ever ask me to do it for anyone else. Unless there is a cool $10,000 in it for me! Anyway, it all turned out better than any of us had imagined. And the best part? I didn't trip walking down the isle. I did cry during the ceremony, but not enough to make myself look like a fool. I said my speech with only minimal crying, little enough that I think people were still able to understand me. (Oh who am I trying to kid?? I was a blubbering mess starting the day before the wedding! Cried for 2 damn days straight!) And the flowers looked amazing! Oh wait...I mean the best part was Tracy had a great time, it was everything she had ever imagined it would be, and she was gorgeous!! Oh, and the flowers looked amazing!

Here's my beautiful best friend just after stepping into her wedding dress....


And just for fun...Here she is cooling her pits right before we walked out!! I was doing it too!!

And because I am so damn proud of all the flowers, let me just show you how many flowers I was working with here!! Friday morning Tracy's mom met us at my house, Tracy took mom's car and went to run some errands. Mom and I jumped in my car and went to cut all the fresh flowers. (Tracy got all her flowers from this really really cool couple that used to be patients at her work. Growing these flowers is just their hobby!! They have 2 huge gardens FULL of them. Told us to bring some buckets and cut as many as we needed!! And as you can see, we did just that!) Mom and I got back to my house and unloaded. In my living room...(Tilt your head to the left to get the full effect!!)

Yup, that's my E.N.T.I.R.E. living room floor covered in flowers! And I had to leave for the hall at 2:30!! In that time I made 7 wrist corsages, 11 bootiners (I'm so bad at spelling this word, spell check can't even figure out what the hell I'm trying to say! But you get the idea, those flowers that go on the guy's tux coats!! Sorry mom!!), Tracy's bouquet, her "toss" bouquet, 7 vase bouquets, arranged flowers for the cake table, and just a few other random things. I showed up to the hall to decorate looking like a hot mess, but we made it! Did I mention the flowers looked awesome??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!