CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Bow Hunting Eve

Mr. Goose Poop's never been a big hunter. That I know of anyway. And I've known him for 15 years, well 16 actually.

At any rate, he's never been a big hunter. Which doesn't break my heart any. I'm not a big venison fan. Everyone always tells me "oh you've got to try my dad's/brother's/husband's/great-uncle gilber's venison, you can't tell it's venison." Oh yes you can. Everyone says "you can't tell." Well, I beg to differ. You can totally tell.

I went off track...as I was saying...Mr. Goose Poop's not a big hunter. Last year he went during gun season. He shot his first deer. And he decided he liked it.

So for his birthday this year the birthday fairy got him the bow he's been wanting.

And now here we are, an hour and 10 minutes until bow season starts, and I'm sitting in my living room all by myself. No kids. No husband. It's all quiet. And lonely. And

I FIRGGIN' LOVE IT!!!

I can get used to this! I've got the remote to myself. I'm so watching Keeping up with the Kardashian's! I'm sprawled out on the couch. My cat is sitting on half of my laptop. The house is clean. I'm dreaming of throwing out my leg in bed tonight, without the usual accompanied "Uumpf!"

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Jacob's football game. At my own pace. I have a maternity shoot tomorrow afternoon. And the possibility of doing it up best friend style after that (cuz, you know...Mr. Best Friend is hunting too!). Sunday is filled with crap around the house. At my own pace.

The only bad thing?

I have to make my own coffee tonight for the morning. You see, that's Mr. Goose Poop's job. Every night he makes my coffee and sets the timer so I have coffee ready when I wake up.

But I'm thinking making my own coffee is a fair trade for a weekend all to my glorious self.

Yup, I can get used to this hunting crap. Hell, I'll even learn to like the damn venison if I have to.

Just as long as it's limited to 3 or less weekends per hunting season. Three is fair enough. A girl can only make her coffee so many times....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon...show me some love! Leave me a comment!